Solution SACCO is a Deposit Taking SACCO with operations in Seven Counties. To support implementation of our transformative strategy, we are seeking a talented, self-motivated individual to become our:
To Provide high-level administrative support to the Board and the Chief Executive Officer.
To provide information and organizational management support to the Board and Chief Executive Officer of Solution SACCO (SS).
This is achieved through conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings. Training and supervising lower-level clerical staff.
Duties of Secretary
1. Business Development
- Understand SACCO business growth targets as negotiated with the board especially balance sheet and profit and loss accounts parameters.
- Assess market conditions and identify current and prospective branch opportunities with regards to member recruitment, Credit and Deposit Mobilization.
- Be proactive and build relationships with key persons of influence persons, institutions in the marketplace.
- Project SS image and live the prescribed values.
2. Administration Tasks
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and reports in order to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including letters, faxes and emails.
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports.
- Welcome visitors and determine whether they should be given access to specific individuals.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies, maintaining records management systems, and performing basic bookkeeping work.
- Prepare agendas and make arrangements for committee, board, and other meetings.
- Make travel arrangements for executives.
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by executives, committees and boards of directors.
- Compile, transcribe, and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Attend meetings in order to record minutes.
- Coordinate and direct office services, such as records and budget preparation, personnel, and housekeeping, in order to aid executives.
- Meet with individuals, special interest groups and others on behalf of executives, committees and boards of directors.
- Manage and maintain executives’ schedules.
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and/or presentation software.
- Set up and oversee administrative policies and procedures for offices and/or organizations.
- Supervise and train other clerical staff.
- Review operating practices and procedures in order to determine whether improvements can be made in areas such as workflow, reporting procedures, or expenditures.
- Interpret administrative and operating policies and procedures for employees.
- Computerized document processing(50wpm)
- Shorthand 111(100wpm)
- Office Management 111
- Secretarial duties 111
- ICT 111
- A Mass Communication degree will be an added advantage
- Work experience of not less than two years
- Age 35 and above years
- Diploma in secretarial studies or Single and group stage 3( CPS is an added advantage
- Experienced in preparation of documents /minutes of boards, shareholders or other committee.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to handle a telephone exchange and conversant with telephone etiquette.
Email your application by the 31st of May 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org